Scuba diving is an exciting and fantastic activity that can be practiced by everyone, anywhere in the world. It follows that regulators, being the most important piece of equipment to a scuba diver, need to adapt to an enormous range of different environmental conditions, individual breathing behaviors and personal preferences. Therefore, SCUBAPRO offers a large choice of various first and second stage regulators which can be combined to make up numerous kinds of regulator systems. Some of these regulator systems will work more efficiently than others depending on diving conditions and scuba diving behavior, as their mechanisms and designs teamwork better together. To support your decision in choosing the right regulator, SCUBAPRO proposes these selected systems, which fulfill the needs of different ranges of diving and environments perfectly.
Newly restyled for 2013, our best-selling S600 is continuously evolving and is in its 5th edition. Timeless design and chrome plated marine grade brass make this high performing system a classic.
Our top performing balanced piston first stage paired with our high performance air balanced second stage; this combination is SCUBAPRO's most popular regulator combination. The S600 truly matches the MK25's characteristics and thanks to its adjustment possibilities, it adapts to all diving conditions and all diver preferences. Ease of breathing is the essence of this system.
- The MK25 first stage is our absolute top performer and is a superior regulator thanks to its ultra stable intermediate pressure resulting in an extremely punctual and constantly high delivery of air. The means instant air flow at any cylinder pressure and water temperature for a real carefree dive.
- Paired with the air balanced high performance S600 second stage, this system is our top performer.
- Balanced flow valve provides constant & effortless air flow.
- Diver adjustable inhalation control enables personal adjustment of breathing effort.
- Diver adjustable Venturi Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive control switch and extra high flow exhaust valve account for easy inhale & exhale.
- Super-flow hose for smooth air delivery.
- Precision moulded, lightweight components and anti-freeze materials provide high corrosion resistance and enhance cold water performance.
S600 Second Stage
- Air balanced valve
- Diver-adjustable inhalation effort
- Diver-adjustable Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA)
- Super-flow hose
- High comfort orthodontic mouthpiece
- Full metal valve housing
- Weight: 193g / 6.8oz
- Air flow at 200 bar: 1850 l/min - 66 SCFM
- Maximum low pressure: 14 bar / 203 psi
WORK OF BREATHING
Work of breathing depicts the cycle of inhalation and exhalation energy expended to breathe from a regulator.
Inhalation is the effort to open valve and maintain airflow.
Exhalation is the effort to push exhaled breath through the regulator casing and past the exhaust valve.
So, the lower the better. SCUBAPRO regulators exceed WOB standards of both the US Navy and European CE.
EN250 standards for a cold water regulator mandate a limit of 3.0 Joules per Liter
at a depth of 50m, with 300bar of tank pressure, 2° to 4° C water temperature and
25 breaths per minute.
SCUBAPRO DIVING TECHNOLOGY
Some dive to get away from the world. Others to get closer to it. Whatever your reason, you're among a class of adventurers fortunate enough to explore the hidden realm beneath the waves. A place that reveals itself to you a little more with every dive.
At SCUBAPRO we want to make sure you have the best equipment available to assist you in your underwater adventures. Whether you're a beginner or an old pro, we'll outfit you with the right gear to suit your needs. With close to 50 years of experience, we've seen scuba diving evolve in every aspect of the sport and we're committed to its continuing development in the future.
Through advanced research and development and efficient manufacturing techniques, SCUBAPRO provides highly sophisticated products that can be used individually or matched to create a comprehensive diving system.