AIR BALANCED BACKUP BREATHER
This octo reg delivers lots of air effortlessly when you -- or your dive buddy -- need it most.
If you're going to dive with a safe second (and you definitely should) the last thing you want to do is scrimp on your backup breather. On the contrary, you want to choose a safe second stage that's every bit as good as a primary second stage. In SCUBAPRO-speak, that's called the S360 OCTO.
The lightweight technopolymer S360 is an easy-breathing air balanced second stage used on a number of quality SCUBAPRO reg systems. It comes with pre-tuned inhalation for simplicity, and includes a Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) switch for easy detuning to avoid free flows. This makes for a sweet-breathing primary second stage, and it's also the ideal set-up for use as a backup breather.
The S360 OCTO takes the standard S360 second stage and adds a high visibility yellow cover so it's easy to see, and a 39-inch yellow hose that makes it easy to share with a buddy in need. With the balanced airflow you get consistent air delivery regardless of depth, adding a level of security and confidence when you need it the most.
When you need a safe second you want the best -- that's the S360 OCTO.
- Lightweight technopolymer casing helps reduce jaw fatigue and improve diving comfort.
- High visibility front cover makes it easy to locate in virtually all water conditions.
- Technopolymer valve inlet tube contributes to reliability and long life.
- Air balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- High-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation effort to lower overall work of breathing.
- Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch helps control free flows.
- Yellow super-flow hose is 39 inches long and features an oversized bore (larger inside hose diameter) that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 5.6oz/158g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1850 l/min - 66 SCFM.