SCUBAPRO's most compact, high performance piston first stage teams with its most compact, high performance second stage. The result: a top-drawer, travel-friendly reg system that delivers reliable airflow on demand, no matter where your dive travels take you.
The MK21 is SCUBAPRO's first balanced-piston first stage to be released since the introduction of the MK25. It is smaller and lighter than the MK25 and uses a smaller piston, but it delivers the same level of breathing performance. The MK21 also provides exceptional resistance to freezing due to the thermal exchange produced by the external fins on its polished chrome brass body. The MK21's innovative "smart" hose layout comes with a standard cap with four low pressure ports angled (+/- 20º) to maximize hose routing. This standard cap can be replaced with an optional cap that offers four low pressure ports at more extreme angles (0°/30°) plus a fifth centralized high-flow low pressure port - a useful configuration for technical diving.
The C350 is the most compact second stage in SCUBAPRO's line. It is lightweight, breathes smooth and extremely easy, and offers an inhalation effort control knob and a Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch. It is also the only second stage built with an Optimal Flow Design valve. This innovative design features a full-length poppet valve specially designed to optimize aerodynamic performance. This in turn allows air to flow unobstructed over the poppet valve surface, providing a smooth and controlled breathing experience that used to be reserved only for air balanced second stage designs.
The MK21/C350's size, weight and excellent breathing performance make it a smart choice for recreational divers in general, and just the ticket for dive travelers in particular.
MK 21 First Stage:
- Air-balanced flow-through piston provides constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Polished chrome-plated marine grade brass body is close to 20% smaller than the MK25, making it an easy travel companion.
- Unique thermal exchange design with external fins optimizes freezing resistance.
- Two high pressure ports, one on each side of the body, allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Standard "smart" hose routing cap offers four low pressure ports angled for more convenient hose routing (+/- 20º).
- Optional hose routing cap increas- es routing configurations with four angled low pressure ports (0°/30°) plus a fifth centralized high-flow low pressure port, ideal for technical diving.
- Redesigned yoke allows for easier mounting on a cylinder, and redesigned cap protects internal components from water intrusion after the dive.
- Available in a 3364psi/232bar INT configuration.
- Weight: INT 232 (oz/g): 26.2/744.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/ SCFM): >7500/265.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 130-142/9.0-9.
C350 Second Stage:
- Compact body and exhaust tee take up little space in a travel dive bag.
- Stainless steel frame on the front cover adds some style to the compact design.
- Optimal flow design incorporates a special barrel and poppet valve to produce maximum airflow under any diving conditions.
- New poppet shape and size are effective at eliminating vibrations and whistles.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA).
- New dive/pre-dive switch clip makes the assembly more reliable than ever.
- Large purge button is easy to activate, even wearing thick gloves.
- Holes below the purge button increase water circulation on the diaphragm to improve sensitivity.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
WORK OF BREATHING
Work of breathing depicts the cycle of inhalation and exhalation energy expended to breathe from a regulator.
Inhalation is the effort to open valve and maintain airflow.
Exhalation is the effort to push exhaled breath through the regulator casing and past the exhaust valve.
So, the lower the better. SCUBAPRO regulators exceed WOB standards of both the US Navy and European CE.
EN250 standards for a cold water regulator mandate a limit of 3.0 Joules per Liter
at a depth of 50m, with 300bar of tank pressure, 2° to 4° C water temperature and
25 breaths per minute.
SCUBAPRO DIVING TECHNOLOGY
Some dive to get away from the world. Others to get closer to it. Whatever your reason, you're among a class of adventurers fortunate enough to explore the hidden realm beneath the waves. A place that reveals itself to you a little more with every dive.
At SCUBAPRO we want to make sure you have the best equipment available to assist you in your underwater adventures. Whether you're a beginner or an old pro, we'll outfit you with the right gear to suit your needs. With close to 50 years of experience, we've seen scuba diving evolve in every aspect of the sport and we're committed to its continuing development in the future.
Through advanced research and development and efficient manufacturing techniques, SCUBAPRO provides highly sophisticated products that can be used individually or matched to create a comprehensive diving system.